Skip to main content

What can be done if there is a Neighbourhood Dispute between Tenants?

All disputes or matters concerning residents’ rights are to be treated the same for Rental Properties as for owner-occupied properties.

As such, all complaints must be taken to the proper authorities such as the local council or Police.

The Managing Agent of the property should also be notified as a courtesy, so that the Owner can also be notified. However, there is limited action that an Agent can take in this case as there are always two sides to a dispute, and the Agent requires strong evidence before they can issue a breach to a tenant.

If the complaints continue and are coming from several neighbours (not just one), the Owner needs to decide if it is time to move these Tenants on at the end of the lease.