Skip to main content

What Paperwork needs to be done at the Beginning of a Tenancy?

There is quite a lot pf paperwork involved with placing a new tenant, and your Agent takes care of it all for you.

The three most important documents are:

  • General Tenancy Agreement (RTA Form 18a) – Commonly known as the ‘Lease’, this details the lease period, rent amount, and who is permitted to live at the property. It also outlines any special conditions of the lease, inclusions, exclusions, and other instructions to the tenant.
  • Bond Lodgement Form (RTA Form 2) – This must be filled out and sent to the Bond Authority, along with the Bond money.
  • Entry Condition Report (RTA Form 1a) – This is a comprehensive report detailing the state of the property and its fixtures at the start of the tenancy. For a standard 4-bedroom home, a properly executed ECR should take at least 3 hours.