Skip to main content

If my name is on the lease, can I end the agreement if I am a DFV victim?

If you are the sole tenant on the lease, you can end your agreement with 7 days notice, as long as you can provide evidence of DVF.

If you are a co-tenant, you can apply to leave the tenancy with seven days’ notice. In this case, the tenancy will continue with the co-tenant in place. You can also apply to have your portion of the Bond money refunded. This should be discussed with your property manager who can facilitate this process.

Leave a Reply